Saturday, December 21, 2013

Parade!

Love's brother invited us to be in a parade. His girlfriend owns a mold removal business and participates in a local business parade each year. All kinds of local businesses bring decorated trucks, flatbeds, floats and such and toss candy and beads. It goes down a major street which is closed for the day for people to line up and watch.

I've seen parades but I've never been in one so Love and I said, "sure!" when he asked if we wanted to be in it with them.

I got to ride on the back of the truck tossing candy and beads. Love walked along side the truck. It was A LOT of work and man, my arm was SORE throwing out hundreds of beads. But it was super fun!

Here's the view of the back of the truck. We had folding chairs to sit in and boxes and boxes of candy and beads!

Pre-chaos boxes of candy and beads.

All the participants are assigned numbers and they line up along the road in their designated area.

It's hard to see but this is a Santa's workshop float. Really nicely done with toys inside and everything.

This is my brother-in-law and myself all decked out in beads, lights and a Santa hat waiting for the parade start. (It was a LONG wait. We waited for HOURS. LOL)

Sunset made the sky pink! You can see the other side of the street was open for traffic but as far as the eye could see, this side was just lined up floats and vehicles.
Admittedly bad photo of me trying to take a SUPER fast shot of the crowds as we were on the route.

I only managed to get these two shots during the actual parade as it was HECTIC and FRENZIED but fun. I was surprised how many people there were!


No comments:

Post a Comment